Monday 3 August 2020

My Little World and Me

Welcome to my new blog - My Little World and Me!
My passion for the environment began when I was very little and I have always wanted to take action to help look after nature and educate people (mainly children!) in understanding how it works.  I try to follow the work of different organisations such as the Wildlife Trust, the RSPB and many others who are all trying to work together to collect information about the environment and get people involved in protecting it.  

I have taught geography at secondary school for six years and now work in primary schools.  I have also volunteered with a Forest School and loved the outdoor approach to learning.  I now wish to reach out to people more widely in environmental education and raising awareness of local, national and global environmental issues.  

I hope this blog becomes a useful place to find out what is happening in different parts of the country and indeed the world, and inspires communities to get involved.